E-visa and visa-free system in St Petersburg are two ways to make your travel plans stress-free.
E-visa to St Petersburg
The fact that Russia announced E-visas in St Petersburg at the end of 2019 changed the travel map for many travelers. Russia now is more approachable and affordable.
E-visa is an electronic application you make online and it is valid to visit St Petersburg and Leningrad region without additional Russian touristic visa. E-visa is cheaper than the regular touristic visa, faster to make and quicker to be approved. It is also valid for 8 days.
You can apply for your E-visa on The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Consular department website directly. It is reviewed in 4 days only. Please make sure you filled in the required fields according to the conditions provided on the website.
Advantages of the E-visa:
- Cheap to make
- Fast to review and approve
- No need to go anywhere to apply
- 8 Days in St Petersburg – twice more than for cruise travelers
Disadvantages of the E-visa:
- You fill in the form on your own and it might cause issues upon arrival. There are common mistakes travelers make and unfortunately they find this out only at the customs of St Petersburg. The most frequent mistake is incorrect name writing and passport details. A lot of travelers avoid adding special symbols of their names or drop half of it.
Visa-Free visit to St Petersburg
There is another way to visit St Petersburg without touristic visa. You may visit the city on a cruise ship and stay in for 3 days.
Visa-Free system lets passengers go off the ship and visit any museums they like but only with a guide. Cruise passengers may not stay in St Petersburg without a tour provider.
As soon as you know the cruise ship is going to St Petersburg we recommend applying for the “blanket visa” via our contact form. The visa is being issued in no less than 3 days before the actual arrival. For the blanket visa you will need to provide your passport details. All the rest of the work is done by us.
Advantages of the Visa-Free stay:
- Absolutely no routines with documents. We take care of everyhting – from visa to itinerary
- There is always a person you are in touch with
- There is no risk to be lost and all museum admissions are “skip-the-line”
- Transfer is provided along with a guide. You don’t need to book transfer from the port to the city center on your own.
Disadvantages of Visa-Free stay:
- Visa-Free stay is available only for cruise passengers
- You will have 3 days of stay
E-visa and visa-free system in St Petersburg will let you enjoy the city without complicated documents. Now you can focus on experiences themselves, not on the way to them.
Read the reviews other travelers left visiting St Petersburg on TripAdvisor.